Now I know Christmas has passed, but I never showed you any of my baking for Christmas, so I thought I would share it with you.
For the first time ever I made sugar cookies and flooding icing.
What you need:
– 1 cup of sugar
– 2 cups of plain flour
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees and have a cookie sheet ready. I use a silicone sheet because it is easier to get the cookies off the sheet afterwards.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until it is light and fluffy
- Add the egg until it is combined
- Add the baking powder and the flour to the mixture. Mix this well.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to as thick or as thin as you like. Use cookie cutters to cut out the shapes.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or just before they turn a golden brown colour.
- Once the cookies are baked, take them off of your cookie sheet and place them somewhere to cool.
This next part I found the trickiest which is the icing. I tried the method of flooding the cookies with royal icing.
You will need:
– 2 cups of icing sugar
– 1 egg white
– 2 tbsp of water (you can always add more)
- The simplest thing about this is actually making the icing. All you need to do to is put everything into a bowl and mix it together. You will know when the icing is done when you lift the spoon and the icing sinks into the icing and becomes invisible.
- I found the easiest way to do this was to outline the shape on the cookie that you want and then fill in. However, this was still tricky. To get the best results you need your cookie needs to be flat and on a flat surface otherwise the icing will run off the side of the cookie (take that from experience!)
As a first timer when it comes to flooding icing and sugar cookies I don’t think these are that bad! They are quite tasty though!
I also made a cake. This is a basic victoria sponge recipe, so I won’t bore you on how to make that!
The only thing that I did differently was that I cooked this in a Pyrex bowl because I wanted to make it into an igloo and therefore needed a semi-circular shape. One thing I will say is that it took much longer to cook all the way through so leave it a bit longer than normal.
One thing I did enjoy was all of the decorating and I want to thank my Mum for helping me decorate this because I am not the best at decorating!
All we did was put on some ready roll icing because we didn’t want to make it! We then scored it with a blunt knife to make the brick shapes. We made some simple snowmen because I felt there was something else needed. My Mum made some penguins out of the ready roll icing because my favourite bird is a penguin and also birds and igloos clearly go together! For the finishing touches I sifted some icing sugar round the outside to make some sort of snow.
It is a very simple cake, but it looks great even if I do say so myself!
Hope you enjoy Christmas!
I thought I would share with you what I received this Christmas because I really enjoy watching these kind of videos.
On my blog I will go through a couple of things, but if you would like to see everything that I got watch the video I made on my YouTube channel.
*DISCLAIMER* – This is by no means bragging about what I got. I enjoy reading and watching these kind of things.One of the things that I had asked for was a new lens for my camera. This is a 50mm lens. It makes photos look pretty and I have been wanting a lens like this for a while. I also filmed this video with it, I need to get the hang of it a bit more than I have, but it is a start!
I was really excited to receive this because I have actually been looking at them for a while! It’s a GoPro! I’m so excited to explore this camera! It’s so different to any other camera I have used and I can’t wait to do some action type things with it for a video at some point!
Another thing that I was given was this car bin. My Mum thought it would be funny because my car is an absolute mess. Mum I have got the hint! I will clear it out ASAP!
I got 3 books: Girl Online On Tour, Caroline Flack Storm in a C Cup and Olly Murs on the road. I got the first book to the Girl Online series by Zoe Sugg for my birthday and I am currently reading it now (I know I’m a bit old for it, but sometimes it is nice to read something a little easier for my brain!). I love a bit of Caroline Flack! She is so pretty and I love her style plus she is also best friends with one of my favorites Olly Murs which sort of explains why I got that!
Keeping on the same line of books I got a map of Hampshire and Dorset that my Grandmother got me because I live on the border of both counties and I don’t have a map in my car which is pretty useless because I don’t really know where anything is in Hampshire, I could maybe get by in Dorset.
I got a lovely massive box of all things The Body Shop. I had a lot of the Shea collection (because it came as a free gift from The Body Shop). This scent smells amazing and I’m looking forward to using more of this collection. I go into more detail in my video which you should totally watch.
The last thing I will mention is the chocolaty bits and biscuits which to me is another good present!
If you want to see more of what I got for Christmas check out the video below! I hope you enjoy it!
Don’t forget to subscribe!
Merry Christmas to you all!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and get everything you want.
I hope you have enjoyed blogmas. I have enjoyed writing all of these Christmasy blog posts. I will try to keep up with the blogging because I have really enjoyed blogging this last month! I have a few ideas up my sleeve for the next few posts!
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.
Lots of love
Here is yet another Pinterest idea of mine! It was slightly more tricky than the Reindeer Noses I made the other day!
These treats are really tasty and fun to make for all the family if you don’t mind getting your hands sticky!
All you need are:
– 6 cups of rice krispies
– 10.5Oz of Marshmallows
– 3 tablespoons of butter
– Green food die
– Candy stars
– Any other kind of edible decorative
- What you need to start with is making the ‘glue’. This requires melting the butter in a saucepan.
- Once melted add the marshmallows.
- Once the marshmallows and butter has been melted add as much green food die as you need. I used half a bottle of green colouring and as you can see they didn’t turn out the greenest of trees I ever saw so I would probably use a bit more if I were to make these again.
- Once the ‘glue’ has melted and is the colour that you would like it to be add the ‘glue’ to a bowl of rice krispies and mix it until the ‘glue’ is evenly spread.
- Leave the mixture to set for a while. The recipe I saw said to leave it for four minutes, however when we left it for that time to try to make the tree shapes it wouldn’t stick, so in the end we left it until it was cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled you can start shaping the mixture into tree shapes. (A good tip is to rub butter over your hands as the mixture won’t stick to your hands.)
- Once happy with the shape of the trees leave them to harden
- Now this is the fun part! You can decorate however, you like. I used white writing icing as tinsel and skittles as baubles. I also used candy stars as the topper of the tree, but you can decorate this however you like.
There we have it! A simple tasty treat for all the family to take part in.
Massive thank you to my friend Ellie for being my hand model for these photos!
If you decide to create these please let me know!
Here are this weeks videos for vlogmas!
Day 13 (White Christmas cover because I didn’t film a vlog!)
Day 16 (Favorite festive candles because I didn’t vlog!)
Hope you enjoy all of the videos!
I have been very busy looking at Pinterest these last few days and I have spotted many things that I would like to make (look out for more blog posts on Pinterest inspired things!).
I needed something small to give to the Brownies as little Christmas presents from Snowy Owl (thats me by the way!) and I wanted to do something a little different and I found these reindeer noses that I thought were the most adorable thing in the world!
All you need is:
– 8 milk chocolate maltesers
– 1 red malteser (instead of trying to dye a malteser I found these Lindor red balls that I used instead)
– a bag to put the maltesers in
– some ribbon
– Rudolph sticker or print out (I used wrapping paper from Sainsburys)
In the bag all you need is 8 milk chocolate maltesers (for the 8 reindeer) and 1 red malteser (for Rudolph).
Then you can be as creative or as personal as you want, but considering I had to make 35 of these I stuck to a simple note saying Reindeer noses with a picture of Rudolph!
This was so simple to make and it makes a perfect little stocking filler or simple but nothing like they have ever seen before gift for my Brownies.
I hope they enjoy them! I enjoyed putting the together!
If you recreate these let me know, I’d love to see them!
I went to a Christmas Market and I wanted to show you what I wore to keep warm at the Market!
I went for an outfit that would keep me warm whilst I am round the market and also something that I could also cool down in when we walk in and out of shops.
This red checked jumper I am wearing is actually from Sainsbury’s TU collection. Over the past year (being on a budget and all) I have found that Sainsbury’s actually does some nice clothes, I have quite a few nice ites from there that a lot of people have complemented me on and then were shocked when I told them it was from Sainsbury’s.
These leggings I am wearing are also from Sainsbury’s. These leggings are so comfy! They are also not see-through which for me is fabulous! I can’t stand leggings that you can see what pants you are wearing through them!
My parka coat is from Dorothy Perkins. I have had this for a good few years and it it is waterproof which makes life a little bit easier. I love Dorothy Perkins clothes as they are such god quality and are always comfy to wear!
My boots are from New Look. I have also had these boots for a while! I think everyone knows that New Look is great for shoes when you are on a budget. These boots are also really comfy and can make a very casual outfit into something a little bit more dressy.
My hat is from Primark and again like most of the things I’m wearing I have had this for a while! This hat is the perfect size for my head and it keeps my head nice and warm! Also the hat is such a perfect colour for me! I love this colour so much!
My scarf is from River Island. I thought it went perfectly well together, plus I love scarfs!
I love doing OOTD posts. I haven’t done one in such a long time! Perhaps I should try and be more regular with these kind of posts!
Like many people, I have certain songs and albums that scream Christmas to me, so I thought I would share with you my Christmas Playlist! Now if you would like to listen to this playlist I will link to my Christmas Playlist on Spotify for you to listen to. Also while you are over at my Spotify go give me a follow!
One of the first and my favourite Christmas albums EVER! It is ofcouse the Michael Buble Christmas album. This album is my favourite because I love the swing vibe of it and ofcourse Michael Buble is one of my favourite singers ever because his voice is so beautiful and it makes me swoon every time! I think my favourite songs off of the album would be the first track which is ‘It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas’ and the song titled ‘Christmas’. These songs get me in the festive mood every time!
Another song that is probably on the majority of the populations Christmas playlist is ‘All I Want for Christmas is you’ by Mariah Carey. If this song doesn’t put you in the festive spirit then I do not know what will! It has such a pop vibe to it that makes me want to dance every time I hear it play.
I am very much of a Christmas Traditionalist when it comes down to it , so on this playlist I have a LOT of older stuff, such as ‘Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer’ by Gene Autry and ‘White Christmas’ by Bill Crosby. I just swoon at the sound of vintage music!
These are just a few of the tracks on my never ending Christmas playlist on Spotify!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
When it comes to buying expensive makeup products, I usually shy away to start with and do some research about the product I want to buy (so I don’t waste my money!)
I’ve had my eye on many a Beauty Blender for a few months because I have heard so many good things about them and I have wanted to try one!
My friend Ellie also wanted one and she told me that Primark made one. In my head this sounded perfect because I’m only parting with £1.50 rather than a higher price! This meant that I could try it out and if I didn’t like it, it wouldn’t matter!
Now because this is Primark I wasn’t expecting the best of quality, but if I’m honest I am actually very impressed with it. I think the only down side is that it might not be as soft as most of the other blenders but for me it still gave the same flawless finish that I have seen others.
I have been converted from a brush (which I still love) to a beauty blender and I don’t think I can go back! There were no marks on my skin and it gave me really good coverage!
I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a flawless finish on a budget!
Here are this weeks Vlogmas videos!
Day 7 & 8
Day 11 (Instead of a vlog I did a Christmas Tag!)
Hope you enjoy all of these vlogs!