Last week I was very kindly nominated for the Libester Award by my lovely blogger friend Louise from Louise Bodle.
This award is similar to an award I was nominated for called The Versatile Blogger Award. These things are great as they are new ways for people to find new bloggers as its one of those chain type things. Do you get what I mean?!?!
Now there are some rules for this award:
- Thank the person who has nominated you for the award and post their link in this post
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300-word post about one of your favourite blogs that is not your own
- Post 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award and provide links to them in your post
- Answer 10 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Ask your nominees 10 questions
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award
So lets get do this!
Like I’ve already said the lovely Louise nominated me, I’ve already said thank you on twitter, but thank you again Louise!
The next thing to do is to write about your favourite blog that is not your own. This is such a difficult one as I am always on Bloglovin’ and going through and reading all the blogs. Obviously some of my favourites are the likes of Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter, however, I think I’m going to have to choose BroganTatexo. I know, if you watch my YouTube channel (shameless promo) then you will know I bang on about her far too much, but I discovered that she also has a blog as well. WHAT?!?!?! So I’ve been going back and reading all of her posts. There are loads of reviews which are my favourite kind of blogs to read and write about, but recently she has been making advice content, her most recent being about the pill. She is such a lovely and down to earth girl and I have had the privilege of meeting her once in the street and another time when we attended the same event. Go check her out!
Now for the 10 random facts
- I’m 19 and I’m still at college. I already have a set of A Levels, but I decided to go and do some more A Levels again because I realised at the end of the second year of A Levels that I HATED geography and history, therefore I started again with film, media, photography and ICT.
- My goal now is to one day create an award winning film (preferably an Oscar winning film, but I’m not fussy! any award would be great)
- I am originally from Croydon in London (not the most glamorous place ever, but it has some happy memories!)
- My liver does not function like a normal liver, therefore pretty much no alcohol for me 😭
- I have been blogging for just over 2 years and been making videos on my YouTube Channel for 2 years
- I worked in a pub from June to September last year and that was my first ever job
- When I was younger I had pet birds. My first bird was called Joey, he was the loveliest bird you have ever met and when he died we bought another and she was called Milly, she was an evil thing, was always trying to bite my fingers.
- I love listening to a good old country song. That always puts me in a good mood!
- I am obsessed with Disney! I love it so much, I love that it takes you to this magical place where fairytales are reality and I just love it, I think my favourite Disney film has to be Beauty and the Beast with The Lion King coming a close second
- When I lived in London, there was this one week where after school I would go round to a friends house everyday as my Mum couldn’t pick me up from school, and we had McDonalds every night that week, sometimes even twice in the same day. Every night I would go home and feel sick. My Mum never let me go round there again. I didn’t eat McDonalds for 3 years after that.
And the nominees for the Libester Award are…
Here are the answers to the questions that the lovely Louise asked me!
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Ask me this year ago and I would have said Ireland, but I kind of love Bournemouth far too much. But if I HAD to move somewhere else I would probably say LA, California, USA. Reason being, I would be more likely to get a job in the film industry if I move there than I would be in Bournemouth!
2. If you could have dinner with anybody in the world (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
This is a super tricky one. I think it would have to be Walt Disney. I am a bit of a Disney fan and recently I nearly decided create new cover art that included some Mickey ears, but then I thought that I would have to actually create some Disney content and at this current moment I have none, maybe once I’ve been to Disney in the summer I might do it?!
However, I would like to have dinner with Walt Disney to see what other ideas he had in that magical brain of his. I would love to have been a part in the making of some of his films or even just to sit there and watch. I would also like to thank him for giving me the most wondrous childhood movies that I still love now. Mr Disney, you did good!
3. What was the last book you read
The last book I read was Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg. A book I am currently reading though is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
4. Do you have any siblings? If so, are you the oldest, middle child or youngest?
Technically I am an only child, however 4 years ago my Mum got re-married and now I have 3 other step-siblings. The oldest being my step-brother Michael and then my two step-sisters Laura and Rachel. I am the youngest out of us all.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I’m sorry I had to!
In 5 years time I will be 24. I will be (hopefully) out of film school and I will (hopefully) be making films or TV or something like that.
6. What are your favourite type of blog posts to read?
Reviews! I love finding out about new products or new films/TV shows. I also love writing these kinds of posts too!
7. What was the last book you read?
Now technically I answered this one, so I am going to pick a question that Louise answered. The one I’ve chosen is: Are you going on any holidays this year?
Well the simple answer to that is yes! I am such a lucky girl this year and I am going on a grand total of 5 holidays this year. I have an incredible Mum who has been willing to allow me to go on 5 different holidays. The first one being in April, which is to Spain. I am very fortunate enough to have a house down in Spain that we visit, normally I go once a year, however this year I am lucky enough to be going twice. At the beginning of July I am going to Romania with the Libra Foundation. This is a volunteering trip, on this trip I am going to be able to work with children out in Romania and give them two weeks of fun! As soon as I get back from Romania I am off to Disneyland Paris with one of my friends from college. We are there for 3 days and I am going to vlog the entire experience. I am far too excited about this trip, I can’t wait to go and meet all the characters and see the parades and go on some of the rides! I am so excited! Then at the end of August I am going back to my house in Spain with my niece Lily. Then in October, I am going to Paris for a day with my Brownies and then to Disneyland paris for 2 days.
I am so incredibly grateful for all of my holidays this year and I am so excited for all of them.
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
I have a slightly small (tiny, I promise) obsession with Olly Murs. I mean I totally have not been to like 4 of his concerts and I am totally not going to another one in March and I am also totally not going to be crying my eyes out when he comes on stage and I totally did not have a melt down when he winked and pointed at me once when he was performing a cover of ‘She’s so fine’. Defo did not cry, defo did not just cry thinking about it then!
9. Do you enjoy theme parks?
Now this is a tricky one. I’m not really your typical rides kinda gal. I will refuse completely yo go upside down. That is a real NO. I do like going quite fast though, so perhaps I would be ok. I haven’t been to a theme park for a few years so I am unsure how I would feel about it. I know I just said that I was going to Disney, but lets be honest, I am going to want to spend my time meeting Mickey and seeing the parade and all the shows. The rides are just something else to do there in my opinion!
10. Are you an organised person?
I would love to think I am organised, I know where everything is and I manage to get all of my homework done and on time, so I must be doing something right?!?
I think people think of me as an organised mess. My room is 75% of the time a complete mess, yet I can still function and organise everything.
Now here are 10 questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Favourite Disney Movie and why?
- Any holidays coming up?
- Favourite animal and why?
- What did you last dream about?
- If you could invite 5 celebrities (dead or alive) round for drinks who would they be and why?
- Favourite TV show?
- What is your favourite place to go on holiday?
- If you won the lottery what would you do and why?
- Any advice for a new blogger?
Again, thank you so much to Louise for nominating me for the Libester Award. I am incredibly grateful!
I can’t wait to see what my nominees write for this.